Sunday 23 August 2015

RedStar Miniatures selling Dien Bien Phu 28mm range

After many wavering we have finally decided to separate ourselves from our Dien Bien Phu range.

Indeed, due to professional and familial constraints it became increasingly difficult to dedicate the necessary time to a good functioning of Red Star Miniatures.


When we started this adventure myself and Eric, it was really to see some of our dreams come true, to offer wargamers like ourselves novel and perfect figures from interesting periods without any coverage at the time in the market. We had always a very direct and friendly approach with our customers giving as much time as feasible to discuss some historical points or futur games... but recently it had really become difficult to keep it this way.

So it is done ! The range goes to Steve Mynes from Age Of Glory, our current US distributor. During our partnership Steve has always been the perfect friendly guy, very honest and helpful. The Dien Bien Phu range will be his first own range and he is enthusiastic with it.

Steve told us that he wanted to keep working with Griffin Moulds for the moulding of the figures as he know their professional qualities. Also, Empress Miniatures will probably continue to work with him for the distribution in the UK and the rest of Europe.


We are definitively a little bit sad to say goodbye to our « baby », but we are also convinced to have found the good person to continue our work. For us it was really a very wonderful adventure and you, as customers, had a central part in it. For all you support, your positive comments and of course your many purchases of our figures, we would like to say a big THANKS ! It was also thanks to you that we have been able to bring to live one of the most beautiful 28mm range to date, one of the best of this fantastic sculptor Paul Hicks !


Perhaps, in an indefinite future, we will try again, but, for the time being, let just say thanks to you all and perhaps see you at Crisis or Salute.

Christian & Eric

Painting & photos by Martin Niklaus

10 comments:

  1. Too bad! But I certainly do understand your reasons. Good luck for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sucks that you have to give up work on the range, but it is good that it will live on. As I am in Europe, I will drop Empress an email right now and let them know I want to keep buying figures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, sad to hear that... with the postal cost our range grow up in price, i think,
    long live to red star

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still buying figures...and will be sure to chat with the Age of Glory gang at Fall In.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you do, please tell them I have ten of these on my paint table and want to get more so please keep the line going and expanding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darn, I finally have the time to take the Plunge into this most interesting of conflicts. I enjoy all the love and attrition you have given this line and this blog. And I hope to see if updated again some day.

    ReplyDelete


  7. If you're American, soccer probably isn't your cuppa tea.
    ผลบอลสด

    First of all, at all times I used the soccer teams themselves as a starting point.
    ผลบอล7m สด

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Perhaps, in an indefinite future, we will try again"
    Le futur c'est auourd'hui !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, Everyone,I'm Adrik Vadim living in Kurgan City , I want to share with you all on here on how Mr Benjamin help me with a loan of 15,000.000.00 Rubles to start up my food beverage delivery after all I have work in several hotels here in kurgan just to earn a living but unfortunate I was still having difficulties to pay a rent but I thank God now that I'm a self employ now with 5 workers working in my care. Just if you looking for financial freedom I will advise you contact Mr Benjamin with this email below and whats app number as well. 247officedept@gmail.com   +1-989-394-3740

    ReplyDelete